Day 6 – Deadlift day. I love deadlifting. It is my favorite move. Probably because it was my first lift with any real heavy weight. The first time I tried for a max effort I got 255 pounds. I hadn’t done anything close to that before. I was just told to try for my one rep max. The coach kept adding weights until the last rep moved slow enough that I declared myself done. That was when I found out how much I had picked up. That was also over a year ago. It’s nice to see how far I have come.

Anyway, this morning started with the usual coffee and a banana. Then I had an omelet with bacon, ham, red & green peppers and a side of bacon.

Early afternoon it was time for workout #1 for the day.

Deadlift 3×5 – 200, 230 and 260 pounds

Barbell Curls 4×8 – 45, 55, 60 and 65 pounds

Reverse Curls 4×8 – 45, 55, 60 and 65 pounds

The last round was a little rough on all of the movements but I got through all of the reps.

Back at work things were going very smoothly and it looked like I would have plenty of time to get my work done and get a nice lunch. However, the universe had other plans.Programs stopped working, started working again briefly in super slow motion and then stopped again. I was all but tethered to my desk and running out of time to eat before the evening WOD at the box. So I ate from a can. Don’t judge me. It was Spaghetti O’s. Now, don’t even try to tell me that it barely qualifies as food and is full of crap that isn’t good for me. I already know all that. But it was Princess shaped with little crowns and Ed bought them for me. It’s been a comfort food as long as I can remember. I know it’s crap. I don’t care. Oh, and I also found time for a glass of chocolate milk. You don’t drink chocolate milk, you inhale it.

When I got to the box the plan was to do both the 5:45 regular workout and the 6:45 club work out. Club is strength based primarily and my favorite class. Things started out great. Worked on hand stand push ups. I am somewhere between 1 & 2 abmats. I forced myself to go all the way down on 1 because I have this fear of getting all the way down that has been holding me back. I couldn’t get back up though, so that kind of sucked. Still, it’s progress.

The WOD was 5 rounds for time of 10 ring push ups, 20 wall balls and 10 box jumps. Things were going good until round 4. On wallball number 6 I did something to hurt my tricep. I’m not really sure what happened. I came down from number 5 just fine but as the ball left my hands on the way back up for number 6 my whole right tricep screamed at me. I dropped the ball and gave it a second to recover. Then, after two more wall balls using mainly my left arm I decided to move along. The last round of ring pushups were fine though. No pain there. I thought maybe the box jumps gave it enough time to forgive me for what ever I had done, but sure enough rep 6 of the last round the pain came back. It wasn’t as intense as the first time so I took a short break and got at it again. This time I stopped at 7 for a total of 13 reps. I finished up my last set of box jumps and called it a WOD at 13:12.

Club was working on snatches, which I wanted to do but decided would be against my better judgement. I really do not want another injury. So instead I helped out with the onramp class and in doing so I got in a tabata sit up workout.

Dinner consisted of about a half a stack of thin mints (girl scout cookies are back in season, just so you know), a double decker taco, burrito and a mexican pizza. There were discussions on milk shakes but those talks did not make it far enough. I will have to revisit that topic tomorrow.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s